St Mary's School Gerrards Cross are the winners of Autumn's My DM Journey Video Competition
Congratulations to the pupils of St Mary’s Gerrards Cross who are autumn’s winners of the My DM Journey Video Competition. Their video succeeded in giving a strong sense of the passion for debating, engagement with the arguments, hard work and more than a few nerves that drives a successful Debating Matters team as well as including some top tips for future competitors. Watch their winning video below:
My DM Journey challenges Debating Matters competitors to make a short film about their experiences in the competition. Think you have what it takes to enter? See below for details.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Upload your video to your own YouTube account with the title:
My DM Journey 2014/2015
2. For the Regional Finals, the video contest launches now and entries must be submitted by 20 June 2015.
3. Send an email containing a link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
My DM Journey 2014/2015.
4. The email should also contain your name, the name of your school and the names of your teammates who helped produce the video.
5. By entering the competition, you are giving Debating Matters permission to embed your video on the DM website if shortlisted and use all or part of your video in future promotional videos.
6. Once all entries are in, our judges will decide on a shortlist. The overall winner and runner up will be chosen from those shortlisted.
ADVICE AND RULES
· Videos should be no longer than three minutes
· Be creative; don’t be afraid to use music, graphics and animation.
· Your video can be in any style or genre you choose. The video may be just you speaking to camera in your room, or it could use actual footage from the debates you participated in. You could do a humorous skit of your DM experiences. It could be an animation or incorporate elements of animation.
· We understand that most videos will be shot on camera phones but you should still strive to have the best technical standards possible. Aim to have good sound and picture quality, steady framing, etc, but as with all things Debating Matters, great content is what will ultimately be rewarded.
CONTACT Rossa Minogue
5:00pm, Friday 14 July, Wyboston Lakes Executive Centre, Bedfordshire
Academy of Ideas Ltd
49-51 Farringdon Road
London EC1M 3JP
+44 20 7269 9220
© Academy of Ideas Ltd 2000 - 2014. All rights reserved. See terms and conditions. The Academy of Ideas is not responsible for the content of any third-party websites.
Contact us by email
Like us on Facebook
Watch our Youtube channel